Forum-land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Empty
PostSubject: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:25 pm

UGH

I'm sure you guys have heard of the rape case in Steubenville. If not, a group of high school football players raped an unconscious girl at a party and livetweeted it through photos and videos.

Now, you might think that because of the nature of the evidence the case would be pretty cut and dry. I mean, a lot of the time rapists get off the hook because of lack of witnesses or evidence. But in this case, not only is there a lot of witnesses but there is also cell phone footage.

No, that's still not good enough for a media saturated in rape culture. I've personally noticed the way the media has been reporting on this case has been less about the girl and more about the poor boys who's future football careers have been ruined. Or how the reputation of the poor school's football team has been ruined. I guess I am exaggerating a little, they DID mention the girl. But only to talk about what she did wrong and how it's mostly her fault anyway.

I don't know why I'm surprised, that's how the media always responds to rape cases. Even with evidence as clear as this.

Anyway, the one who makes me the most angry is this motherfucker right here.

I'll give you some highlights:

"The nation's eyes will be focused this week on what happens inside a tiny Steubenville, Ohio, courthouse. The juvenile trial set to begin there is every parent's nightmare and a cautionary tale for teenagers living in today's digital world."

I'm sorry what? The fact that they were able to have evidence of the rape is BECAUSE of "today's digital world". Or did you mean it's sad that these boys were caught?

"Just as the season was gearing up late last summer, two Big Red football players were accused of participating in the rape of a 16-year-old intoxicated girl with friends documenting the alleged crime through cellphone pictures and video. The social media frenzy took on a life of its own, with reports going as far as calling the incident a "gang-rape" of an unconscious girl. In reality, prosecutors contend that Trent Mays, 17, and Ma'lik Richmond, 16, used their hands to penetrate her while she was too drunk to consent, By Ohio law, such a crime constitutes rape, as it does in many places."

Oh, I'm sorry. Apparently if it's not a dick they're sticking in her vag while she's unconscious, it shouldn't count.

"The uproar surrounding the case soon split the town into two furious camps; one that firmly believes there's a conspiracy to cover up a "rape culture" among the football team, and the other believing that the town's once-stellar reputation is being unfairly tarnished by outsiders who don't know all the facts."

"The intoxicated girl, who would soon be at the center of a rape investigation, made it clear she wanted to leave with Trent, according to the police interviews with several of her friends. They also said she resisted their pleas for her not to leave with a car full of boys.
Nevertheless, the girl got into a car with Trent, Ma'lik and two other boys and drove off."

See it's all completely her fault. She shouldn't have gotten into that car when her friends told her not to! The boys just couldn't help themselves!

"The intersection of idolized athletes, social media over-sharing and reckless teen behavior proved an explosive combination and the story soon went national."

Does this even need a comment? Like what the actual fuck?

"When the trial commences Wednesday, there will be no jury involved. Instead, a juvenile judge will decide the fates of Trent Mays and Ma'lik Richmond, who face incarceration in a detention center until their 21st birthdays and the almost-certain demise of their dreams of playing football."

I hate people so much. Practically the ENTIRE town knew what happened to her by the next day because the rapists and the witnesses were fbing and tweeting about it. She has naked photo of her circulating the internet. SHE WAS RAPED. And yet, somehow all this story comes down to is the demise of the rapists football dreams.

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Smash-natalieportman

Edit: Here's one of the pics
Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Steubenville-football-players-carrying-alleged-rape-victim
and an extremely disturbing video (don't worry, she isn't in it, they're just JOKING about the fact that she was RAPED).
Back to top Go down
purikiss

purikiss

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:18 pm

yeah, I haven't been intentionally following this story but I've heard all about it nonetheless, mostly on tumblr for being, like you said, an awful and horrifying example of rape apologism. I actually heard about a case really similar to this one in a radio story, but I don't remember the details. It was probably about a year ago. It's unbelievable. How can people be sympathetic to these assholes? One phrase I pick out is "reckless teen behavior". Rape is "teen behavior"??? Yeah. Blame it on "teenagers". Typical of any time the media reports on our demographic. This whole thing is so disgusting.

Unrelated, but when I could only see part of the title for this topic on the front page of the forum I assumed it was going to say "fucking motherfucking eggs", which I now have started saying to myself any time I encounter eggs.
Back to top Go down
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Yeah. That phrase really got to me too, that's why I bolded it. It perpetuates this idea that teenage boys are sex-crazed hormone balls who can't help themselves and therefore escape any blame. It characterizes rape as something that just happens that we can't help. The phrase also completely belittles the victims traumatic experience!

Quote :
I assumed it was going to say "fucking motherfucking eggs", which I now have started saying to myself any time I encounter eggs.

That's actually why I chose the title. I can't stop saying fucking motherfucking eggs either.
Back to top Go down
trash_

trash_

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 pm

what is 'fucking motherfucking eggs' from

???

(also i wish you guys could have been there when sam had that egg in her backpack because it was the best thing ever)

(feel free to igno this post if you want to continue talking about rape apologists i don't really have anything to say about it other than :/)
Back to top Go down
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 pm

It's from My Drunk Kitchen.

When did Sam have eggs in her backpack? Tell us a story stef!
Back to top Go down
purikiss

purikiss

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm

that's why you chose the title? aw yeah, we are of the same mind

Quote :
It perpetuates this idea that teenage boys are sex-crazed hormone balls who can't help themselves and therefore escape any blame. It characterizes rape as something that just happens that we can't help. The phrase also completely belittles the victims traumatic experience!

couldn't say it any better, of course

I know the story about the egg but Stef should definitely tell it
Back to top Go down
trash_

trash_

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 pm

at tcon sam was going through her backpack as was like "oh no, there's egg all over it! i can't believe that egg that i put in my backpack two days ago broke!"

and we were all like
uh
eggs
breaking
what an unexpected development
???
and why in the world would a person put an egg in their backpack, honestly

and she was like "well i was going to eat it yesterday but i forgot. it was hardboiled!!" as if that makes it ok

idk she didn't wrap it or put it in a bag or anything she just put egg in her backpack and expected it to not break what a dummy

eggs aren't oranges bros they are ~delicate~ like flower

i guess it doesn't sound very funny in this format but i think i laughed at her for like twenty minutes as she tried to clean all the #egg out of her backpack

I actually did think of something to say that was on topic!! I'm currently writing a satirical essay about victim-blaming (specifically, the provided thesis was 'self-inflicted health issues like smoking and obesity should not be covered by health care') for my English class and i literally took a picture of it just so i could show you guys this excerpt that i made myself laugh with in the middle of class

Quote :
... Engaging in high-risk behaviours without taking preventative measures is an invitation to turn one's body into a nest of expensive illnesses and injuries, and is surely the fault of the individual, not the responsibility of the taxpayer.

Preventative measures are key in determining fault. Can it be said that an individual who sustains injuries from a fight, mugging, rape or other attack on their person is free from fault? Not if they engaged n high-risk behaviour such as provoking a violent individual through unnecessarily aggressive language, an appearance suggesting a large amount of wealth around other individuals who may desire wealth, or a display that clearly promotes one's sexual availability. Is an elderly person who sustains injuries falling down the stairs in their home free of fault? Not if it was possible to move into a home with a safer, more elderly-accessible layout, or reinforce potential high-impact areas with padding or other safeguards. Considering the enormous number of deaths and injuries caused by car accidents in this country, can it not be said that a person who drives or a pedestrian who walks near a road where vehicles may be driven is engaging in high-risk behaviour? If a person is not actively preventing injury and illness, they are encouraging it, and therefore must not be allowed to take advantage of publicly-funded healthcare services; those services are put in place to treat maladies that come by legitimate means only, and not for those who inflict damage on to their own person intentionally.

it's pretty heavy-handed but it's just a first pass at this point and i want to make sure my prof knows i'm being ironic and not just an asshole

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Stock-10

femalefriendslaughingwithegg.jpg
Back to top Go down
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Omfg. Why would she do that? It is definitely funny in this format.

I like it! It might seem heavy handed but it really emphasizes how ridiculous victim-blaming can be. The more outrageous you are, the more ridiculous your original premise sounds. Good job bro :)

She is definitely not holding an egg. I don't know what the fuck that is but you probably shouldn't feed it after midnight.
Back to top Go down
trash_

trash_

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 pm

yeah i looked in the tags but it just said #egg so idk bro maybe it is a #big #egg

it was the closes to womanlaughingalonewithsalad.jpg as i could get

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Stock-11

i guess
Back to top Go down
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 pm

O_O

I can understand why you might need a stock image of two women cooking with eggs but why would you ever need THAT!?
Back to top Go down
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 am

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Tumblr_mjtyf2tIB11qjxb8to1_500
Back to top Go down
kozmial

kozmial

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:43 am

Its very important to discuss and recognize these things, but personally there comes a point when a topic is so DISGUSTING and downright ABHORRENT that I don't even want to think about that it exists in this world ....

I didn't even know about this story until I saw a post on tumblr that contained some of the tweets from random people feeling sympathy for the two guys and I was immediately nauseous.. And then I clicked on that video you posted on here (of which I could only watch a very small amount of before switching off in horror) and I became actually scared. What scares me so much is not only that this happened and these two individuals exist, but the fact that there are people in my program at Fanshawe who legitimately have that kind of sense of humor...

You know all throughout high school I always thought of our recent and future generations as some kind of divine cleansing light upon the world who are here to end all things that are irrationally horrible because we have a sudden flawless moral sense... Jesus was I naive (perhaps I still am in many respects) but this really makes me think about the people around me differently.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a woman at fanshawe and overhear some of the shit that people say sometimes..

Tumblr also was the one who introduced me to such terms as 'Rape Culture' and 'Victim Blaming' and quite frankly when I first saw them I thought they were just outlandishly irrationally horrid concepts that I believed couldn't actually exist in our generation. Damn was I wrong..

I guess all I'm really trying to say here is... :
"WHAT THE LITERAL FUCKING GODDAMNED-" Well you get the point.

I can't think about this anymore. Time for something happier..

Back to top Go down
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm really glad you responded.

Quote :
Tumblr also was the one who introduced me to such terms as 'Rape Culture' and 'Victim Blaming' and quite frankly when I first saw them I thought they were just outlandishly irrationally horrid concepts that I believed couldn't actually exist in our generation. Damn was I wrong..

I think a lot of people think those concepts are ridiculous when you first hear them. I sure did. It sounds like a conspiracy theory made up by extremist feminists. I am so thankful to tumblr for teaching me about rape culture, victim blaming, slut shaming, privilege, fat shaming, etc. I would never have even heard of these concepts, or dismissed them completely if I did.

I remember telling my mom how the world doesn't need feminism anymore. Or scoffing at the people who wore "this is what a feminist looks like" t shirts in high school. I remember having sleepovers with Dee where we talked about how stupid the concept of privilege was. I thought I was enlightened. I thought I knew more then everybody else. Really I was just an ignorant asshole.

That's something I always have to keep in mind now. If I was ignorant then, then I'm surely ignorant now. The only way to better myself is constant education and open-mindedness.

I also know exactly what you mean about reaching a point where you just can't handle it anymore. I read stories like Stebeunville everyday and it's exhausting. A lot of the time it just feels hopeless. But I also feel I have a responsibility to educate myself and do something to help combat all this bullshit.

(Ftr, I'm not trying to guilt you or imply YOU have a responsibility to read about this stuff. I'm just explaining why I do it.)

Laci Green weighs in:
Back to top Go down
purikiss

purikiss

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Tumblr_ml5yfmEJl01s2vpt9o1_1280
Back to top Go down
Internet_Detective

Internet_Detective

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 pm

What. The fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists   Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists Empty

Back to top Go down

Fucking Motherfucking Rape Apologists
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum-land :: Unspecified Category :: High-Forum-
Jump to: