Forum-land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what have you just finished reading

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alex.annejohn

what have you just finished reading Empty
PostSubject: what have you just finished reading   what have you just finished reading EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:00 am

different from what are you reading right now. i think

anyhows i have just finished reading Steig Larrson's series, The girl with the dragon tattoo, the girl who played with fire, the girl who kicked the hornets nest. i read the first a while back but have just read the last 2 in the past couple weeks. they are hard books to put down. my homework doing was already pretty low, so just my social interaction and eating suffered. at any rate now theyre done.

they could launch me into a long reflection on sexism, and sex, but well, i dont feel like engaging i heavy thinking right at the moment. so lighter notes:

-if you plan on reading them, look up swedish exchange rate. i didnt, and thus had no idea what any of the sums of money were. and since i didnt know how much they were i dont remember them, so looking it up after wont help

-theyre quite short for their length. though that might just be me doing my usual skip every other paragraph when im reading fast.

-the books are a little flawed- the good characters are rather superhuman

-despite all the heavy stuff, it is a damn good action thriller.

-as much as id like to read the originals, swedish is definitely not on my list of languages to learn
Back to top Go down
alex.annejohn

what have you just finished reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: what have you just finished reading   what have you just finished reading EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:33 am

post you people. or ill keep double posting and then you wont like me very much.

I have just finished reading the fountainhead, by Ayn Rand.

the essence of the book is that you should be exactly who you want and never compromise on that. That you should have your own opinions and not give a damn what others think, but mostly that you should have a self.

i dont agree with her entire argument, but its a powerful book.
Back to top Go down

what have you just finished reading
Page 1 of 1